Depression is the leading cause of suicides, causing nearly 40,000 deaths each year in the USA alone. It’s a serious mental illness and can negatively affect various dimensions of your life. Depression may make you lose interest in the areas of life you were most interested in.
Patients with depression may suffer from mental and physical symptoms that can reduce their functionality to a great extent. It may even lead to disability in serious cases. All these aspects of the said disease underscore the importance of getting treatment as soon as possible.
Natural remedies such as cannabis extract can be promising to deal with depression and its symptoms. Recreational use of cannabis is illegal in Florida, like in many other states. Getting a medical marijuana card is crucial to get your hands on medical marijuana for treatment.
Best Medical Card helps you get your medical card through the fastest and most convenient procedure.
How To Tell If You’re Suffering From Depression?
Symptoms of depression may vary among different patients. Some patients, they’re too mild to be diagnosed. While in other cases, symptoms can be severe enough to cause disability. The following is a list of common symptoms of depression.
- Constantly feeling depressed
- Drastic loss or gain of weight.
- Dwindling appetite
- Suicidal thoughts
- Disturbed sleep cycle, i.e., sleeping too much or sleeplessness.
- Feeling guilty for no reason
- Inability to make important decisions in life.
How Can Marijuana/Cannabis Help With Depression?
The cannabis plant contains over a hundred cannabinoids and several terpenes. Each has distinct properties that may induce relieving effects on the body. These effects ultimately relieve stress and depression.
The endocannabinoid system controls the moods and stress levels of the body. Cannabinoids can interact with your body to improve mental stability.
- Cannabinoids and Depression:
CBD and THC are two of the most abundant cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. They’re mainly known for the following effects that ultimately help with depression management:
- There is evidence that cannabis can stimulate the production of serotonin in the body. The hormone serotonin is responsible for making you feel relaxed and relieved. Most antidepressants work on this principle.
- Dopamine is known as the happy hormone. The production of dopamine induces a feeling of pleasure or joy. This can ultimately relieve depression and stress in the long run.
- CBN and CBN present in the cannabis plant help you sleep well. CBD can interact with the adenosine receptors to make you feel sleepy. A good night’s sleep helps you feel active and fresh. A healthy sleep cycle can positively affect your mental health.
Terpenes And Depression
How can one overlook the significance of terpenes while talking about depression and marijuana? The marijuana plant is a whole powerhouse of terpenes. These terpenes are generally denoted as the source of flavors only. However, very few people understand their roles in overall health improvement. Following is a list of the most popular terpenes known for their capacity to relieve depression:
When trying to relieve depression with marijuana, choose a strain rich in these terpenes.
Best Cannabis Products For Depression
You can get your hands on different cannabis products available on the market. All these products vary widely in their effects and modes of administration. You can pick one according to your personal preference and lifestyle.
- Cannabis edibles (gummies, pills, capsules, baked goods)
- Cannabis oil (edible oil, sublingual oil)
- Cannabis tinctures (available in different flavors)
- Cannabis vaping Concentrates
Best Marijuana Doses For Depression
There’s no such thing as a perfect Cannabis dose. You’ll find different ideal doses everywhere. Each of them isn’t necessarily right for you, and neither is wrong. This means that you have to figure it out yourself. All bodies respond differently. It may be enough for some people to take 10mg of cannabis, but not for you. It is good, to begin with, a small dose.
Keep a journal and note down the effects. If you need more, increase the dose gradually. 20mg to 30mg daily works fine for depression in most cases.
Getting a medical marijuana card can help you enjoy the health benefits of marijuana. If you’re suffering from depression or any other mental illness, cannabis can help you overcome the condition.